Monday, June 16, 2014

Creating a Painting at the Library for the Library 2014

These pictures were taken the first day I worked on the painting for the library. I'm having such fun working on it there. The first paintings were from the first three sessions and the last is from Friday when Beks Lieto came to the library and worked on the painting with me. We got started and we had so much fun. Just pure fun. The last picture of the painting is where we stopped on Friday.
I am working on this in a way that people will wonder what in the heck is she doing? And by the end, everything will make perfect sense. I thought it would be fun for the kids to watch but the adults are having fun too. It is a love gift to the library. Plain and simple.


It all begins with a blank canvas.




These were taken the first day. 
                            

First Session.  This is the end of the first day.
The children said it looked like snow in the mountains.

Second Session
 
The children thought this was a mountain on fire.

Third Session
 
By the end of this session the children started seeing birds.

Fourth Session
My daughter Bek Lieto joined me.
We always have so much fun when we are together.
We gab and gab and then disappear into the painting.
 

Fourth Session
This is what the painting looked like when Bek and I finished painting today.

 The children saw that birds were there and wondered
what kind they were and why they were there.
Every time they asked me a question I asked them
what they thought it was. Whenever they told me they liked it
or they loved the painting I told them, 
that makes me feel so good because I am making this painting
for everyone who loves the library.  I'm glad you like it.

Fifth Session


Now everybody is getting wise to me.  People who work in the library
and children and parents who come to the library
are trying to figure out what this painting is going to look like.  
I am so getting a kick out of this.  I am trying to add elements to the painting
without giving too much away.  I love the fun element in this project.

Here is the link to the library eNewslettter about this project.







No comments:

Post a Comment