Monday, April 8, 2013

An Idea Realized

I remember doing a speaking engagement on behalf of United Way at UPS.  It must have been a couple of years ago.  I was amazed by the distribution center and enjoyed getting to meet the nice people that worked there.  And I thought, maybe one day I'll be sending out copies of my book and I'll be using UPS... and that very idea was realized today.  I was so excited I talked about that memory to the person who was helping me.  I couldn't help but think, hope, maybe I'll be making this trip so often we will become UPS buddies.


There is one thing that I have found to be true and it is something that has kept me going all of these years.  No matter how small the beginning or how many small beginnings it takes to accomplish a goal.... no matter how many falls and get back ups it takes.... when something like this happens.... it is so worth it!!!!!!
 


Oh I know, the reward truly is in the work.  I truly feel this way in my heart.  But..... this is so cool.



Who knows if , "Down the Road," will sell or if there will be another order?  I don't know.  But I'm going to keep on working and always watch for and appreciate beautiful moments like these.



But the day held so much more....

After we left UPS, Coco and I went for a lovely walk in the park.  We are so in sync with each other.  She is such a joy. And then we went to do a speaking engagement at a Girl Scout event.  The girls loved Coco and they enjoyed looking at the pictures of the farm and my family and my artwork.  I shared with them what it was like to have a Traumatic Brain Injury and how far I've come and all the ways Coco helps me.  And I showed them the book I wrote.  I was surprised the girls were reading it.  One girl couldn't stop reading it.  So I gave them that copy to share and pass around. They were all excited when they asked if my book was at the local library and I said it was and told them they could go and check it out there.  It was too cute. Coco loved everybody and she was so gentle.  Its been a really good day.  A wonderful day.

Oh, 
And I almost forgot to mention... 

I had the back door opened and was letting some wonderful warm fresh air move through the house when I heard Crazy Cat meowing. She is a very talkative Calico but this sounded different. Sort of muffled. So I got up to investigate. Coco was on it. She was so fast. So I said, "Hey." Loudly. And as I got to where they were Coco looked at me, Crazy Cat got distracted by all of the excitement and the bird she had in her mouth gladly and gratefully escaped and flew outside. Outside and way up in the sky. That so could have gone either way. Well, with an Akita in the mix, one of several ways. I mean, what could be better than a combo..... 
after all....

You just never know how much beauty a day will hold when you just keep taking one more step. I so love that about life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment