Sunday, February 3, 2013

Shoveling Snow

The past few years I have been experimenting with how to shovel my driveway and not use rock salt.  One day I read the ingredients in what I thought was just rock salt and I found lots of chemicals were listed.  So I thought, there must be a way to guide the snow, when it is melting, toward the sides of the driveway, so the bushes, gardens and trees would benefit from all of that melted snow.

We've had such a bad drought for the past two years, I was thinking there must be a way to make the best use of as much snow as possible, especially around the base of the trees.  And all of my trees and bushes and my garden and even my grass did well, with a very minimal amount of watering.

This technique works great.  By directing the rows with the pitch of the driveway the melted snow melts and drains off the driveway toward the yard.




No comments:

Post a Comment