Saturday, July 23, 2011

Walking on Water

Walking on water.... impossible?



I wanted to see if this also happens in nature. I mean we can skip a rock on water. What about birds or animals? Or maybe a lizard? And then I came across this one....





No matter who we are or what we do there comes these moments in life when we have to step out and do something that is implausible. For me it was writing a book after my brain injury. For someone else it could be changing a flat tire. Whatever it is presents itself in the form of an obstacle that may be impossible to overcome.

I have found when people focus and become determined and are willing to work very hard, we can accomplish so much more than we ever thought we could.

In some ways we all face that moment of truth within ourselves when we decide to just go for it. Whether it is practicing to play a concert at Carnegie Hall or walk down a flight of stairs. In our own way we learn how to persevere and walk through obstacles.

These guys, take the challenge quite literally. I'm intrigued that it made a difference to do this in an arc. I wonder if the arc needs to be in alignment with the direction the earth spins?

No comments:

Post a Comment