Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Japan Nuclear Plant Leak/Plutonium in Rainwater on East Coast March 29, 2011

Yesterday it was in the news; plutonium was in the rain water falling on the east coast.

Yesterday I walked my akita in the park and tried to process what is going on in Japan. And tried to figure out what I can do to help. And then I took a step in that direction.

Today I found this video on YouTube and wanted to share it. I encourage you to click on the video so you can see it in Youtube and read the comments.

Radioactive Iodine and Plutonium in the Environment in Japan

This is a very informative news clip.

Where is a mop that can clean up this catastrophe?

Trying to Cope

Survivors in Japan

For most of my life I have studied Buddhism, the Tao and Confucius' teachings. And I have also studied the Holocaust and wondered from the time I was a very young girl, how would I survive? In a terrible situation - how - became very important to understand. To really think about.

In 1994 I was in a serious car accident and as a result suffered a brain injury, among other injuries. During this time of my life I could not read or write very much. I had to check to spell my name and had extreme difficulty with abstract or complex thought processes. But one thing remained, that haunting feeling, how will I survive?

And the answer slowly came to me, one step at a time. By living the best I could in the present moment. And whether I could speak or walk or write or ever have the kind of life I had lost, I could take one more step and breathe one more breath. And I could do this with love in my heart. And an appreciation for those that I love and for life and its immense vastness.

I realized that I didn't have to know everything. I didn't need to have all of the answers to all of the questions. I only needed one answer, to love. To love all of life. And to appreciate this every moment. Because another moment like this will never come again. It will be forever, past.



When I see videos of the Japanese people helping those who were hardest hit by the Tsunami, and the way the people are living, despite this tragedy that surrounds them, I feel the connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment