Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Whose that Tiger in the window?

The other day Coco and I went to a mall in the area. Being such a beautiful service dog she naturally draws a little attention. But we stay focused on walking and she helps me so I can do things like go to a mall anytime I want too. Even when its a busy time in December, which is great.

We were having a really nice time, in perfect pace with each other when she stopped. Something she doesn't do unless I stop or she sees a car. So I looked to see what she was looking at. It was a huge stuffed animal toy in the window of a store. I gave her a hand signal saying it was okay for her to look at it and so she walked up and down the window display, looking at the big cat and sniffing the window. It was so unexpected and cute I had started to laugh when I saw what she was looking at. The cat was almost as big as Coco. It was just too cute.

When I told her it was time to get going she took her place on my left side and I looked up. There were some people there who also got a kick out of the sight because they were taking pictures with their phones. Which also cracked me up. Here we are, two little creatures in this great big world, as anonymous as we could be, giving complete strangers a little laugh and happiness and then all of us continuing to walk on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment