Sunday, March 9, 2014

Embracing the Canvas


Embracing the Canvas
Copyrights reserved By author Jenn Weinshenker March 7. 2014
Excerpt from Behind the Canvas by Jenn Weinshenker


Art distinguished one stroke from the next
One day from the rest
Art embraced me back and it felt good
It felt great
Art walked with me through the solitude
That cushioned me from the rest of the world
And it became my refuge

Art helped me to break free from the constraints
Of conscious thought and reasoning until all that remained
Was its pulse
Beating through me
A pure honest expression of appreciation
A wonderfully reciprocal pledge of gratitude
For all I’d been given
And I was embracing all of it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenn. Your writing is so powerful and inspirational! It feels written straight from the heart and soul, and I feel as if you are speaking to me when I read it. I can't imagine anyone reading this without being profoundly moved. For me, it's about strength, passion, creativity, the live of an artist, and knowing what is most important in life. I wouldn't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you Mom! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That means everything to me. Everything.

    ReplyDelete