Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Reality Check

Just for the record, I want to say that I don't believe in a political party. I know too much about history to do that. I don't believe that one religion speaks for everyone who is trying to understand the mystery of our existence. Again, I have read too much about atrocities and genocides that have taken place in the name of God or in the name of a political philosophy that expressly doesn't believe in God to believe that we, any of us, has it right about that. And I don't believe that war is the only answer, the only way to resolve our differences and our problems. But some times it is a defensive necessity and I am grateful that my father and grandfather were veterans of WWI and WWII and I love our military.

All that being said, I believe wholeheartedly that people need to have the right to believe in the way they interpret life and God or no God and that is an essential freedom. To be forced or coerced into a religion or political party goes against every thing I hold dear about freedom. We are the last check and balance that hopefully keeps the ruling class from using the military against innocent people to strip their countries of their natural resources and from turning on our citizenry because someone who doesn't get the importance of our Constitution wants to get their way - no matter what the cost.

I believe that the government needs to get out of the bedroom and never belonged there in the first place. So long as people aren't being hurt and children and the vulnerable are being protected I'm okay with what people do behind closed doors. It is none of my business. And that is a freedom we all want. Nobody wants to have the government or a religious organization dictating what they can do and who they can love.

I believe that the American people have been held hostage by the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies and chemical corporations; oil and gas and utility companies and financial institutions have been riding on the backs of the you and me folks until our backs have been broken. And the Affordable Health Care Act is a first step toward leveling the playing field. There have been many protections about unfair banking practices that are in place now when we were in deep shit not long ago.


I think everybody, who is able, should do the best they can to take care of themselves and not bring children into this world if they can't afford to feed them. I think people should walk their kids to and from school and keep their kids home at night and help them do their homework. And take responsibility for the next generation in the example they set for this generation. There are a lot of lazy ass parents out there who expect the school or society to do their jobs for them and everybody is pretty sick and tired of paying for their mistakes. And by the way... this has absolutely nothing to do with race, religion or social or economic strata.

We have so many real challenges we all need to face, its time to stop dicking around and get to work. The suits that are holding up our progress and not even trying to contribute reasonable solutions to the problems we are facing, choosing instead to fan the flame of hatred so they can continue to protect the corporations and institutions that have been running this country into the ground have made enough.

I personally don't care if there are conspiracies going on. This "me first, getting something for nothing, screwing each other mentality" has permeated all levels of our society here. My suggestion? Turn off hate TV. Turn off reality TV that promotes the worst in people as though that's cool. And turn on to saying hi to a neighbor or doing something nice for some one or volunteering or reading a book or doing anything other than tear each other down. It doesn't make us any better as individuals or as a nation. That'sa my two cents. I ain't got much more than that to offer so that's it. 

Now, I'm going to practice what I preach and I'll catch you all later. Have a good day. And remember, if we are living a good life then we are not missing out on a thing. The way we are living is its own reward. We are not in the wrong place because we are blooming right where we are planted and so we are always in the right place at the right time. And we are making the best use of our time, even if that means relaxing, because we appreciate how freakin' amazing and precious the time we have here truly is. All right, I'm outtie. Have a good one. Make it a good one. And I'll check in with you all later. I gots some thangs to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment