Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Intouchables ~ Film Review

"The Intouchables," is a French film that was released in 2011.  The writers/directors were Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano.  They did a fantastic job.  The performances of all of the characters in this film were authentic and believable.  The directors were on the ball.

The settings and the cinematography was stellar.  The production crew, costume, makeup, sound, lighting.... the whole shebang was spot on.  The script was elegant and gutsy and delightfully intriguing.  And the humor, well, was wickedly funny.

The two unlikely characters that wound up developing a relationship with each other, go through a wide range of experiences and emotions.  The way they convey what they are thinking and feeling is done with such subtlety that all I have to say is... well done, really... well done.  Its raw and its real.  This is a story about empowerment and liberation that goes straight to the heart with a few detours along the way.

The stars, Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy drew me into who they were.  And soon after their relationship began to evolve, I became so engaged with these characters and their story that I couldn't take my eyes away from them.  I didn't want to miss a thing. They each gave incredible performances. Had either one been a cliche the whole movie would have crumbled and become insignificant.  Omar was brilliant.  Absolutely brilliant.  The range Francois Cluzet and Omary Sy shared with us was remarkable.

I always appreciate a good story.  A story that is complex with relationships that lift me out of my own life and carry me away into a world of their own.

I don't want to share any specifics because the unwrapping of this gift is too delightful.  I liked experiencing it without any expectations.  I didn't even read the description of it before watching it.  I just liked the title.  "The Intouchables," I highly recommend this film.

I saw it on NETFLIX.

No comments:

Post a Comment