Sunday, July 22, 2012

Off Shore Piracy and Global Economy

I've been writing extensively about our global economy and I invariably come back to one thing, trillions of dollars do not just disappear. They go some where. I don't know exactly where. But since governments all over the planet have been depleted of their wealth and savings it stands to figure the money has been pirated away to offshore accounts.

I read two excellent accounts of this and thought they were definitely worthwhile to share.

A Great Link about the Truth of our Global Economy

Another Great Link about Trickle Down Economics Sailing Away on the High Seas

This brings me to another point about what to do when you are broke and unemployed. You can become better informed and share what you have learned. I'm not interested in hate and doom and gloom. But reasonable articles that are filled with facts that also make sense, that is interesting to me. So today I did something that was interesting, to me. I walked my dog, did some gardening, read some Hunter Thompson and articles and shared them with you.

Here's a great quote I just couldn't keep to myself: "An institution that should always fight for progress and reform, never tolerate injustice or corruption, always fight demagogues of all parties, never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty" -- Joseph Pulitzer, May 10, 1883, in an editorial upon becoming publisher of the New York World.

Plutocracy = A wealthy class of people controlling the government

I love democracy and all of us being able to accomplish as much as we are capable of or want to achieve. But when a very few do so much to destroy our planet and our access to knowledge and being able to provide for ourselves and our families then I have to ask why? What's in it for them? Making more money? Why? So they can hide it in some offshore account and not pay taxes on it or contribute to the countries and societies where they generated all of this revenue?

I have to wonder why are they getting away with it? Who stands to gain the most? What kind of resources would it take to I don't know, rob the freakin' great and powerful countries that are a part of the global economy? And when are these criminals going to start getting caught and arrested for the big time theft they have commited? How long will it take for all of that money to get returned?

I would think if the loyalty to the people was paramount to a government, why aren't they outraged and working on making this happen? Why aren't they co-operating with all of the agencies to perpetrate some justice? Why are they bailing out banks and scurrying to keep things the way they are? Who is actually benefitting from all of this corruption and why are they getting away with it? That's what I'd like to find out about. I don't think everyone working in every government is corrupt. I think a lot of people were literally sold a bill of goods, a great return on their investments and then the money just went bad. The investments didn't pan out. All over the world. And then government officials were standing there with their pants down and their hands out. So the banks the investment bankers offered their services to get them out of a jam. And after they loaned them the money fees and high interest rates began to rack up. They racked up so high there was no way to run their governments and pay the bills. So they had to borrow more money. And that's when the buccaneers took the helm and ruled the seven seas. And everybody is mum. Nobody's talkin'. That's what really disgusts me. Being taken in and making bad decisions, I get that. But then to stand back and let people get away with ripping off your country, your own country? All over the world? That I don't get. But what the hell do I know.

Iceland Arrested Crooked Investment Bankers and Helped its People Instead

When I watch the news and they start talking about our financial "situation"; if they don't talk about where the money went and who got busted over stealing it, I turn them off. I don't give them my ratings. I have heard enough bullshit to last a lifetime and frankly, I have better things to do then listen to the same record play over and over again.

Unless it's a Dylan record.

No comments:

Post a Comment