Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chicago Lighthouse Book Reading of Down the Road

Not so long ago I was still dealing with having a Traumatic Brain Injury. I was in excruciating pain when I walked and I was always dizzy and felt sick to my stomach and my head hurt and neck and back and I was always dropping things and bumping into things. I was temporarily blinded when I'd walk outside of a store and some times I walked out in front of cars. But I had no idea why.

Thanks to the Chicago Lighthouse, Dr. Karen Squier a great Occupational Therapist, Hillary Napier, I began to understand why.

Since this time I have finished editing and published my book, "Down the Road," and I've been doing book readings and speaking engagements for the Ray Graham Association, United Way and the Girl Scouts.

I created a painting called, "Ribbons," for the Chicago Lighthouse.

This is the video from my speaking engagement and the dedication of my painting Ribbons at the Chicago Lighthouse. It was a great day.



I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment